First Aid Training
1. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to start time; if you arrive more than 15 minutes late for the course you will not be admitted to the course. Attendance, participation and successful assessments during each module are mandatory for certification.
2. Learning Barriers: If attendees have any barriers that may impact on their learning, please contact the office when booking to discuss your needs including if support people are required. Links Training (2008) Ltd will take all the practical steps to ensure the learning needs of all trainees are met.
3. Physical requirements: The course has practical activities and involves group participation. Practice during the class involves close contact with others. You will be required to demonstrate to the instructor that you are physically able to perform set First Aid tasks. If you are unable to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on the floor long enough for the tutor to assess competency, then you may not meet the requirements for the NZQA approved First Aid Certificate.
4. Dress Code: We suggest that you wear loose- fitting casual clothing, as the practical nature of the course requires trainees to kneel on the floor. Trousers and flat shoes are recommended. Please remove hoodies and dark glasses (unless these are for medical reasons) before entering the training room.
5. Language: All training is conducted in English. Trainees are expected to have a basic knowledge and understanding of English.
6. Illness: If you have any disabilities, or an illness, which you feel may affect your performance during the course, please raise your concerns with the tutor, or contact Links Training office to discuss your concerns prior to the course commencement.
7. Electronic devices: Cell phones are required to be turned off or on silent. Trainees are not to receive incoming calls or text messages during class time, unless it is a matter of an emergency.
8. Assessment Resubmissions: If an assessment criterion has not been met you will be given opportunity to resubmit your assessment.
1. All course fees must be paid in full 7 days prior to course date to secure placement on the course. Invoices will be sent on booking. Payment can be made via Internet Banking BNZ-Levin Branch- 02-0668-0040811-00 or credit card (on invoice link), using your invoice number as reference. Please supply a purchase order number if required.
2. Inservice/group bookings: A contract will be sent to the organisation, and is to be signed and returned to Links prior to the training date. Invoices will be sent after the training. Payment is due within 14 days of the invoice date. Payment can be made via internet banking (see above) or credit card (on invoice link).
3. Late payment of invoices will incur 2.5% interest, compounding each month of late payment, plus $10.00 administration fee and collection costs.
1. A full refund will be given if cancellation is received no later than 3 days from the course date.
2. There is no refund for cancellation less than 2 days from the course date unless approved by the Director.
3. One rebooking can be made at no extra cost, providing two days notice is given. Subsequent rebookings may incur a 50% fee regardless of notice given.
Certificates will be sent electronically and issued when the following conditions have been met:
1. Individuals have successfully completed the training.
2. Payment has been received in full.
3. First Aid Revalidating Training Certificates: When the pre-course learning assessment module has been received, and the assessment has been marked as competent.
4. Electrcial Workers Competency Training attendees will receive a wallet size card on the day of training. Certificates are not routinely issued as they are not required by the EWRB.
NEW ZEALAND QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY INFORMATION
1. NZQA Unit Standards: The First Aid Training Unit Standards will be registered with NZQA on receipt of payment for your training.
2. NZQA Credit Registration: If you are already registered with NZQA the name you are registered under is required along with your NSN number or date of birth. If you are not already registered with NZQA identification is required; please provide one of the following –
• Current passport
• Birth certificate – if your name is now different than on your birth certificate please provide evidence of name change – eg marriage certificate.
If this is not provided at the time of training you will be contacted by our office for identification. Failure to provide this evidence results in no credit registration with NZQA.
Note: It is an NZQA requirement that credits be registered within three months of completing training. If payment is received after the 3-month period credits cannot be registered.
3. International learners (Including England and Canada) are required to present a copy of their work visa/permit before NZQA credits can be registered.
PRIVACY ACT 1993
1. The Customer authorises Links to collect, retain, and use personal information about the Customer (including the information collected in this document) for the following purposes only:
(a) assessing the Customer's creditworthiness.
(b) disclosing to a third-party details of this application and any subsequent dealings it may have with Links for the purpose of recovering amounts payable by the Customer and providing credit references.
(c) marketing goods and services provided by Links to the Customer.
2. The Customer, if an individual, has a right of access to information about the Customer held by Links. The Customer may request correction of that information and may require that the request be stored with that information. Links may charge reasonable costs for providing access to that information.
1. Your placement of an order with us constitutes an offer by you to purchase goods from us on these terms.
2. On receipt of an order an invoice will be issued.
3. On receipt of payment the order will be dispatched.
Prices quoted include gst unless otherwise stated. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the price of the goods will be the current price on the day of order. We may change our prices from time to time without notice. Prices do not include any delivery fees. A courier fee will be charged.
1. Links reserves the right to suspend delivery of further goods if the terms of payment are not strictly adhered to by the Customer.
2. You must pay us any fees or costs imposed on us if any payment you make to us is dishonoured or reversed.
1. Links shall deliver the goods to the address stated on the order or as agreed.
2. Links shall deliver the goods by such carrier and such form of transport Links consider to be appropriate.
3. Links will not be responsible for any part delivery or delay in delivery of the goods as a result of events occurring beyond Links control. Links shall not be in any way responsible for any consequences (direct or indirect) arising from such delay or non-delivery.
1. Links will not accept the return of goods for credit or any other purpose unless Links agrees to accept the return of the goods and advise the Customer of a return advice number prior to the return of goods. Return of goods will only be accepted for credit within 14 days of delivery, unless due to Links error. Links reserves the right to charge for returned goods, excepting for when there has been an error on Links part.
2. No returned goods shall be accepted by Links if they have been tampered with by you or any other person and are not as new. Where goods are returned to Links but not accepted as above, they shall be returned to you at your expense.
New Zealand Certificates
1. A fee is required when submitting training agreement to Links Training by all New Zealand Certificate Trainees. This fee is non-refundable.
2. Individuals on NZ Certificate Training will be invoiced on submission of assessments. Payment will be due on the 20th of the following month of date of invoice. Payment can be made via internet banking or credit card (on invoice link).
3. One on One Tutorials for Individuals: An invoice will be sent for the time spent on individual one on one tutorials. If the workplace is responsible for payment of tutorials this must be part of the contract with the workplace.
1. All trainees will have a training agreement, which will be signed by trainees and their employer, agreeing to use Links as their Training Provider. This agreement also means the employers have agreed to submit verification forms throughout their employees training.
2. Employer-initiated training: A contract outlining the training, roles and responsibilities of all parties and fees will be signed by both parties.
3. Training Agreement “On hold”: Training agreements can be placed “On hold” if a trainee has welfare issues or workplace requirements, which mean that trainees are unable to complete any assessments for a period of time. The training agreements can be placed on hold for a period of up to six months. Trainees must notify Links Training in writing. Individuals must have the approval in writing that their workplace have agreed to trainees putting their training agreement on hold. Links Training will require a copy of the workplace approval for their trainee's file.
4. Trainees must advise Links in writing when they change their address or contact details to ensure Links has the most up to date information on their trainees.
Reasons for terminating a Training Agreement between the trainee and Links Training:
1. Cessation of employment: If trainees leave a workplace and they have no employer to carry out their workplace verification forms, they will have up to 12 months to reinstate their training agreement with a new employer. This will incur a minimum Administration Fee of $50 incl GST. Any new training agreements after the 12 month period will incur full Administration and Training material costs.
2. Inactive Trainee: When a trainee has been inactive for a period exceeding six months i.e they have not submitted any assessment during this period, and Links Training has made every attempt possible to make contact with the trainee.
Links Building, 21 Bristol Street, Levin 5510